Dr. Michael D. Belcher, Principal
Mr. Donnie Seal, Asst. Principal
Phone: 423-733-4611 Fax: 423-733-1427
Hancock County High/Middle School and the parents of students participating in activities, services and programs funded by Title 1, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Act (ESEA), agree that this compact outlines how the parents and the entire school staff will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the state’s high performance standards.
This School-Parent Compact is in effect during the 2011-2012 school year.
Hancock County High/Middle School will:
1. Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective
learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the states
student academic achievement standards.
2. Have high expectations of ourselves, students and other staff.
3. Display respect for all.
4. Determine the student’s educational needs and adjust the instruction to
accommodate those needs.
5. Provide a safe environment.
6. Hold teacher conferences twice per school-year during which this compact will
be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. This school-year
sessions will be _______________________.
7. Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress.
8. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class,
and to observe classroom activities in an appropriate manner.
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
1. By monitoring attendance.
2. By making sure homework is completed.
3. By limiting the amount of television our children watch.
4. By volunteering in my child’s classroom.
5. By participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
6. By staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the
school by promptly reading all notices from the school, and by responding by
mail or some appropriate manner.
1. Attend school regularly.
2. Take responsibility for own learning.
3. Come to school with needed materials (paper, pencils, etc).
4. Complete and return homework assignments.
5. Obey school rules.
6. Bring home all teachers notes, school letters, etc.
I support this form of parent involvement. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following:
1. Provide a safe environment that allows for positive communication between the
teacher, parent and student.
2. Encourage teachers to regularly provide homework assignments that will
reinforce classroom instruction.